Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Life Now

Well I can't believe it's been over a year and half since I last posted anything on this blog!  Needless to say my life has changed immensely.  Philip and I are no longer together.  We are currently in the process of getting a divorce.  It's been a long and terrible process but hopefully it will be over soon. 

Staring over again is really hard.  Everything from deleting your pictures on Facebook to not having anyone to share your life with hurts. Even though our split is amicable (at least as much as it can be) my heart is still broken.  A life-long promise made was not kept. It takes two people to have a marriage and if one party is not interested in working on it there's no point in continuing to be married. 

I've moved into an apartment and have found a great group of friends.  Even though my life is quite different than I thought it would be, I am slowly getting back to normal. Understanding family and supportive friends really do make a difference. Swarley keeps me happy in the sad times.  Nothing like some unconditional (fuzzy) love to bring you out of a funk.

I've been listening to some great music lately so I thought I'd share.

1. "Winter Song" by Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles

"They say that things just cannot grow
Beneath the winter snow
Or so I have been told
They say we're buried far
Just like a distant star
I simply cannot hold"

2. "Try" by Pink

"Funny how the heart can be deceiving
More than just a couple times
Why do we fall in love so easy
Even when it's not right"

3. "Bleeding Out " by Imagine Dragons


"So I bare my skin
And I count my sins
And I close my eyes
And I take it in
And I’m bleeding out
I’m bleeding out for you"


If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. 

Next time I'll tell you about my 30 before 30 list!

<3,Paige


   

1 comment:

  1. Paige,
    I am so glad that you have a group of ladies that are supporting you through this tough time. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through!

    Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete