Friday, January 18, 2013

30 before 30

Hello there! Last year before I turned 29, I decided that there were many things that I had yet to accomplish in my life and there was no better time to start completing those tasks.  Thus my 30 before 30 list.  I won't bore you with all of them but here are a couple that I have started or really thought about.

1. Read the entire Bible. I consider myself a Christian but I don't think I've ever read the entire Bible start to finish.  How can I claim to love God but not respect His word? What does the Bible really say about certain things I had taken for granted?  Because I'm not good at accomplishing tasks unless I am constantly reminded, I signed up for a Reading Plan on the YouVersion Bible.  I read it on my iPad and can choose to listen to it read aloud.  It reminds me every day and even gives me a day off during the week so I can catch up if I miss a day. I would highly suggest this if you are looking for a way to get deeper into God's word. 


2. Watch the AFI top 100. I love movies! Funny, serious, action-packed, old or new, I love them all! I mostly checked them out from the Austin Public Library and although I didn't like all of them, I can honestly say I feel like a better person for watching them.  Some of my favorites (that I had never seen before) were The Graduate, The African Queen, and The Searchers.


3. Tattoo.  I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for some time now and I think I have finally decide on the design and placement.  What do you think?




4. Journal/Blog. I have never thought of myself as a great writer so this is a great chance for me to practice. I also bought this book, All About Me, by Philipp Keel, which has great questions that help you learn more about yourself.  I would suggest checking it out if that kind of thing interests you.


Next I am going to attempt to become a vegetarian for a week.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment