Saturday, February 19, 2011

Free Friday: Lazy Weekend

Hello everyone!  This week has been pretty crazy (thus the late blog post).  Philip is in Dallas this weekend helping his firm catch up after all the crazy weather they've had. 

Right now I'm staring out the window of our office looking at the house they are currently building right behind us.  It's amazing how quickly they can put up a house that lasts for decades.  My cat Swarley is keeping me company although I know he would rather be outside eating grass and chasing bugs.

Since Philip is out of town, I've been pretty lazy thus far.  Last night I got Rosa's and watched some TV.  Today I'm doing laundry and cleaning up around the house.  Later this afternoon I'm planning a trip to Central Market.  Unfortunately in Austin we don't live close to one so we don't get to go as often as when we lived in Dallas. 

Because we had company in town last weekend and weekdays are always busy for us, Philip and I will be celebrating Valentine's tomorrow night.  I'm planning on making shrimp and pasta for dinner. I still haven't decided what to make for dessert.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I received two cds and a book from Philip. The two cds were Josh Groban Illuminations and Switchfoot Hello Hurricane. We have seen both of them in concert and really enjoy their music.  The book was The Help  by Kathryn Stockett.  I have been wanting to read this book for a really long time but the queue for holds at the library was way too long.

I guess I better get back to that laundry.  Have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment